Thursday, June 07, 2012

HOBY: TA-Style

Some of you might remember that I went to a youth leadership seminar last year called HOBY and loved it! Well this year I went back...only with a different title. While the sophomores who go to the seminar are called "ambassadors," juniors and seniors who come back to volunteer for them are called "team alumni." To become a TA, you have to complete at least 100 service hours and attend the meetings throughout the year to plan the seminar. At the end of the three-day seminar last year, I knew I would be back for more.

So throughout the year I made sure that I was fulfilling the requirements and taking care of any applications along the way. Even though I didn't really know anyone who was going to be a TA, I was really excited about getting to know this group of highly motivated people. And I was not disappointed!

My time as a TA this year was even better than my time as an ambassador last year. Even though I was up at weird times and was constantly running all over the Mount Saint Mary's campus, I got the pleasure of spending that time with a great group of people who are now really close friends. From coloring HOBY HUGS, to meetings at 1 am, to 3 am safaris with Jessica, each of the four days was unique and special.

HOBY HUGS to my TA family and see you next year!

~Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home