Thursday, January 05, 2012

Sweet Dreams Come True...Kind Of!

During the school year, I am not a big TLC watcher. But for some reason, during the holidays, Z and I tend to watch it a lot. Whether its Say Yes to the Dress, What Not to Wear, or LA Ink, we go on TLC marathons. One of our favorites, though, has to be Cake Boss and its branch show, The Next Great Baker. And since we are always in New Jersey, visiting our grandparents, I'm always trying to drag everyone to Hoboken to visit Carlo's Bakery.

At long last I can say I've been to the Cake Boss shop! But let me emphasize...I've been to it. That doesn't mean in it.

With a two hour line, I resorted to peeking through the shop window to see if I could glimpse Buddy inside with my zoomed camera lens. Although he wasn't there, I did see Buddy's wife, Lisa, the pastry chef, Mauro, and one of Buddy's older sisters.

And so we left, with a New Year's resolution to drag ourselves out of bed early enough to beat the crowds and finally get a famous bite of a Carlo's Bakery cannoli.

~Julie

PS: As a side note, Hoboken itself is a great little town to hang out in, with a pizza place every ten feet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home