Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's So Fun Being A Chinese Alien!

Here is how the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United States (that's what it calls itself on its website) describes the Tourist Visa (L Visa)...

Tourist Visa (L Visa) is issued to an alien who comes to China for sightseeing or visiting family members or friends or for other personal affairs.

Based on observations of recent traffic in the Washington, DC visa office, there will be an awful lot of aliens in China this summer! (Can you say Men in Black III!?)


PS: Here is the fee schedule for Chinese visas...

American aliens...$140.
Aliens from other countries...$30.

Forget the currency exchange rate...Can the State Department do something about these visa fee disparities!?


Post a Comment

<< Home