Monday, February 14, 2011

Captain Hook

This year, the teachers at my school decided to run a school play. The featured production? Peter Pan.

Due to the fact that I enjoy acting, I decided to try out for the part of Captain Hook. I signed myself up and marked my calendar. At tryouts, I joined my classmates in getting into character. During tryouts, we read several scenes and sang one song. Several of us tried out for the part of Captain Hook, so during tryouts we passed different lines off to one another.

After tryouts finished, my classmates and I eagerly waited for the cast list to go up. When it did, we knew that it was up because of the mob of students around the bulletin board. With the help of my height, I was able to catch a glimpse of the paper and my name over the excited crowd. In this glance, I managed to see that I had gotten the role of Captain Hook!

We later received the script so we could highlight our parts. We were told that the first practice would be the next week. When that day arrived, we all gathered after school and read through the script. We sat with the people in our group as well. For example, I sat with the pirates, the Lost Boys sat with each other, etc. At the end, we were told that our next practice would be the following week. I, along with all of the cast members, am really looking forward to the production!

~Z

3 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

OMG, congratulations Z! When's the performance? I'd love to come see it!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Shaping up to be May 7 and 8. Stay tuned for details...

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the part. I will also be playing the Captain on the same weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home