Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kindle vs. Nook?

Recently, I have come to a halt in my decision on whether or not to buy a new piece of technology. The problem is that there are two types of this item. The debate? Nook versus Kindle...

One thing I love to do is read. Reading is like a second nature to me. I can and love to read pretty much everything. For those of you who don't know, Nook and Kindle are electronic book readers. As the world becomes more technologically advanced, and books increase in cost, it is just more convenient and cheaper to download and read e-books. I need some feedback on which type of electronic book reader I should buy.

The Nook is Barnes and Noble's electronic book reader. If you go to the store, you can buy a Nook with free 3G wi-fi for $199. It is a new model with a touchscreen and a port for downloading music to it. It can store up to 1500 books at a time. It has almost every book written, including newspapers, magazines, and textbooks. The price for each book is around $9, but most classics are free. You can change the font and the size of the letters on the non-glare screen. It is newer, but more expensive.

The Kindle is Amazon's electronic book reader. The cost, including 3G wi-fi, is $189. It stores up to 3500 books. It is the same shape and size as the Nook. However, it has a keyboard instead of a touchscreen. You still touch the screen to turn pages, though. The cost of the books is the same as the Nook, but it has a slightly smaller variety of books. Books take less than 60 seconds to download, and you can read them in all types of light.

It's a really tough decision to make, and I am not an expert in the area of e-books. So I need your feedback. I still don't have a personal preference, so my decision will probably be based on your comments. Hmm...Kindle vs. Nook...

~Z

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Oh, let me know what you decide! I'm trying to make the decision to buy an e-book too. Borders has a bunch on display but I'm not sure I like the viewscreen on any of them yet. It seems like the print would be so small, but then, it's not like the print in an actual book is that big either. Do you have a preference for how it feels to hold them in your hands? Also, what's the purpose of the keyboard? Is it how you choose and download the books?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home