Monday, September 13, 2010

Back To The Future

I'm sure most high school students enjoy going to school dances to see friends, meet new people, and have fun on the dance floor. Although I enjoy all of the above, my favorite part of a school mixer is dressing up. Just like last year's fall mixer, there was a theme to this past Friday night's dance. While last year I dressed up like a movie star to fit the theme "Hollywood Glam," this year's theme was a new challenge.

The flyers around the school were all labeled "Back to the Future" and pictured robots...so I decided to go futuristic. I knew that practically everyone in the school was going to be sparkly, so I had to come up with some different additions. I used a black shirt covered with silver sparkles and some silver sparkle tights. After scouring the malls, we found a black, almost plastic-looking skirt at Forever 21 (where, by the way, there were a ton of other girls buying clothes for the mixer). I also wore three-inch heeled black boots. But, of course, this didn't complete the outfit.

Next it was hair time. About three hours before the dance actually started, I started getting ready. My hairdo consisted of a ponytail on the top of my head with a braid wrapped around the base. It was pretty close to the 'do of one of the women from Star Trek.

After hair came make-up. Mommy added sparkles and shimmers all over my face, as well as two stars. I wore dark red lipstick and Mommy gave me a "futuristic" manicure (dark silver sparkle nails and light silver sparkle tips).

The result? I felt like a futuristic princess! Well, you know what I mean. Or maybe I felt like I should be in Star Wars, even though that happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!

~Julie

PS: The dance itself was a ton of fun and I had a great time seeing friends who I haven't seen in years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home