Wednesday, July 07, 2010

An Update On The DVD Situation

As many of you know, some of my favorite things to buy in China are DVDs. Pirated DVDs. So, naturally, within the first few days of being here, I went to my "supplier" and bought some new things...

Julie and Julia...8 kuai.

Shrek Forever After...8 kuai.

Robin Hood...8 kuai.

Prince of Persia...8 kuai.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel...8 kuai.

The Office, Season 6...60 kuai.

Several of these are new releases and may not even be out on DVD yet. That is the reason why I go to this "person" to buy my DVDs. However, since some of them are "new", there are problems with them. Most of the problems are minor language issues that I can fix. Some cannot be fixed and are therefore useless. Iron Man 2, for example, is in Russian.

Another problem with some films is the quality. Most new releases seem to be filmed in first showings and have terrible lighting, the camera moves around, and you can see people walking. Still, for one US dollar, I'm OK with watching people leave the theater for popcorn.

Also, we need a way to watch these new purchases. So we went to Carrefour and bought a 99 kuai DVD player. I will be carting that little thing on trips and back to America, so we can watch our DVDs there.

If anyone needs DVDs, let me know and I will see what I can do!

~Z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home