Tuesday, June 15, 2010

School’s Out!

Two and a half weeks ago I finished up my last exams and dove right into summer. Although Z and Mommy had not yet reached relaxation, we went to New Jersey that next weekend since I am normally the one holding us up with all of my homework. It felt so great to be able to enjoy time with my grandparents without stressing about a test or a huge load of work. I told Mommy that I felt like she must have when we were in China; Z and I were at school while Daddy was at work, but Mommy was completely clear.

Just because I am excited about summer does not mean that I did not thoroughly enjoy my freshman year of high school. I learned so much in the last several months that it is impossible to summarize in one blog entry. From my challenging but amazing English class to fun discussions in Hebrew Scriptures class, the whole year was full of new experiences and adventures in learning. It took a little time to adjust but I was ready for high school.

Everyone says that high school is so much fun and I can’t help but agree. I have made so many fantastic friends who are similar to me in completely unexpected ways. One of my best friends is a huge "24" fan, just like me. Another loves China because her dad does a lot of business there and she is going there this summer on vacation for the second time. Everyone is wonderful and I thank all of my sisters for such a fun year!

One of my favorite parts of this year was participating in the musical Sweet Charity. I wouldn’t say that I was surprised by how much I enjoyed being on stage, but it was even better than I expected. I loved singing and dancing, but I especially loved acting my part as "woman with hat." It didn’t matter that I only had a few lines, it was just fun to be part of a larger effort to put on a great show. I will definitely participate even more in the performing arts department next year.

I truly cannot believe how quickly the year has passed. It doesn’t fell like that long ago we were eating at Bertucci’s for our first meal out after returning from China! I am loving summer, and while I don’t want it to go by too quickly, I am excited for my sophomore year!

But first, China, here I come...

~Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home