Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Cleaning

The spring season is finally here! After all that snow, the outside world is like a desert. Everybody loves the new growth of spring, however, people must take care of spring cleaning.

After getting back from China, we have been taking out the old and bringing in the new. One of those items that is falling apart is our old fort. It has become my job to dismantle the fort and chop it up into pieces.

Just this past week, I began by taking apart the slide and the monkey bars. I then continued this grueling but fun job by opening the roof and demolishing the fort even further. I have had to lift, carry, drop, saw, and unscrew pieces of wood.

So far, this project has been a good way for me to exercise and enjoy being outside in nature. All of the work has been enjoyable and I have been sharing it with Mom, who is working on her own spring project. (That's another story.) Though it is tiresome, I really like completing my task. It's great to be outside during the wonderful season of spring!

~Z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home