Thursday, February 04, 2010

One Job I'd Never Want

With all the snow lately, I've been thinking that the person who makes the call on whether to cancel school has the most thankless job I can think of. No matter what the decision, there will undoubtedly be countless individuals who are dissatisfied with the verdict. Dealing with mother nature this winter has been especially difficult given the timing of the storms, the temperature trends, and the varying amounts.

The $64,000 question today, of course, is what will our "Director of Public Information" decide about tomorrow? The pressure must be very intense with a 1 to 2 foot predicted snowfall that may begin mid-morning.

All I can say is that, as a teacher, I'm as bad as the kids...No mystery where my sentiments lie! That said, the thought of making these days up in June keeps things in perspective.

See...I'm not in charge of this decision, but even I'm conflicted!

~Desi

PS: By the way, why eggs, milk, and bread? All I can imagine is that the morning after a snowstorm, everyone makes French toast!

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Today's verdict...Two and a half hour dismissal. The nice thing about that is it was a shorter, more exciting day, but no make up day necessary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home