Thursday, November 19, 2009

My High School Tour

This year, I entered seventh grade. I recently began receiving invites to open houses at local Catholic schools. So far, I have gone to four of these open houses. Here is a little bit about these schools...

Georgetown Prep has a great location, campus, and academics. The location is next to Julie's school, something like a five-minute walk away. Both schools are about a fifteen minute drive from our house. The campus of Georgetown Prep is huge. It has a nine-hole golf course, a football stadium, an indoor tennis stadium. It also has a beautiful church. It seems to be an academically achieving school with great teachers.

St. Anselm's Abbey School also seems to have great academics, and is a small school, with only a little more than three hundred students. Based on what I saw, the teachers are really thorough and work their students hard.

Dematha Catholic High School has a nice campus with a number of big and small school buildings. In addition to the academics, the sports program at Dematha is really good and famous. Danny Ferry went to Dematha!

St. John's College High School is the only co-ed school that I have visited so far. It has a huge new ball field that is very impressive. They have a strong overall education program, with ROTC, band, and lots of options for getting involved.

One school that we have not visited yet is Gonzaga, which is located down in DC by Union Station. I hear they offer Mandarin as a foreign language!

With all of these schools, at least I have a year to decide!

~Z

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hey, if you go to Georgetown Prep, maybe I'll see you at White Flint mall! Kids from there are always at the food court buying smoothies and stuff. :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Cool! I'll have to try it out!

z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home