Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm A Chinese Speaking Latina!

One of the first things we did when moving back to the United States was get four (yes, four!) cell phones.

Little did I realize that my new number would be my window into a life I didn't know I was living.

My name is Maria. I receive phone calls in both English and Spanish. My Washington Gas bill is past due and I really need to do something about it. I am involved in various community organizations, such as the Girl Scouts

In the beginning, my strategy was to ignore all of those calls coming in from unfamiliar numbers. Lately, though, I've taken to picking up and making it clear that I am a changed man!

~Steve

4 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Macefamily said...

Sorry Steve I shouldn't laugh but I admit a little chuckle. Good Luck. We have had our house number now 10 years and we still get calls for the Fosters. I have no idea who they are, but they must owe everyone money. And I think they are still giving out this number. No more collection calls (the last one ended with me getting nasty with Sears after the Customer Service lady threatened me because " I was helping them avoid their payment obligations" ) Every now and then their Dr office calls with appointment reminders. Sometimes I'm almost tempted to just take a message.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

We haven't had a land line for years. So whenever we are asked to give a phone number in some situation where we don't want to share that information, we simply blurt out our old house number. Maybe we need to reconsider that practice!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Macefamily said...

Too funny. Yeah there is some family out there going "who is that Balla family and why do people keep calling for them" Maybe you could call your old number and ask if anyone as left any messages for you. lol We all have cell phones but I can't give up the land line. Just feels like a security line or something.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

MCPS still has my old condo number as my phone number of record. Some poor family is getting periodic phone calls from Jerry Weast! I give people the science office phone number when I don't want to give them my cell number. I figure Lillian can talk them down! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home