Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wayne Does It!

More than two years ago, Desi, the kids, and I met Wayne for dinner in Chinatown in DC. There, under the arch, I told Wayne I was applying for a grant, and if I got it, we would all be moving to China.

Wayne's response? "If you get this grant, I am coming to visit you!"

Ever since then, we held out hope...But, truth be told, we had our doubts. I mean, it's a long way to come, it's a logistical hassle, and it costs real money.

Then, a few months ago, the e-mails started coming in...

"It's time for me to plan my trip to China." (We still were doubtful.)

"OK. I'm applying for my visa." (Is he really going to do it!?)

"I just purchased my ticket!" (Wow!)

Well, as you can see, the big day arrived, and, easing our last minute doubts, there Wayne was, strolling out of Beijing Capital International Airport. He did it! He actually did it!

~Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home