Saturday, June 13, 2009

Past, Present, And Future

I first met Wayne at the tennis courts behind Rahway High School. I was maybe twelve years old, and just falling into my tennis obsession that carried me through my teen and college years.

I first met Will last fall in Wuhan, at a restaurant where we ate dog meat together. I was forty-one years old and just a few months into my year of living in China.

This is what it looked like when two very distant, in time and space, parts of my life came together. I looked at Wayne and thought about all of those years and places of shared experiences that Will cannot possibly conceive of. I looked at Will and thought about all that has happened in the last year and how I have changed since the last time I was in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, or DC.

Come on this train...

~Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home