Monday, February 23, 2009

My New Erhu

Some of you know that in less than a week's time I will be 12. Yes, March 1st is my birthday! Last night we were at Wangfujing Dajie. There they have the infamous food stands, book shops, music stores, and a bunch of other little shops.

Since we moved to China, I have always wanted an erhu. The erhu is a two-stringed instrument with a bow and a snake skin base.

At Wangfujing, Mom wanted to go to this one music store to have "music class". After spending about ten minutes of playing various instruments, Mom and Dad called me over to the wall of erhus. To my surprise, they asked me if I liked any of the cheaper ones. At that, I did a double take. An erhu for my birthday!? After examining a bunch, I chose a black, 300 yuan erhu. After about half an hour practicing playing with the store dude, I managed to play it with less squeakiness and could play the scale. Happily, I walked out the door with a black case strapped over my back.

Mom and Dad, I can't tell you how happy I am!!! This is definitely one of the BEST birthday present I have ever gotten!!!

~Zoli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home