Friday, February 13, 2009

A February Tan

In subtropical places, it's always warm. Along with warmth comes sun. Along with sunshine comes a tan or, for some, sunburn.

Hong Kong is probably the closest to the equator we have ever been, and because of our trip on 2004, we knew the weather is HOT! But it didn't really cross my mind that in February, I would be sweating while the people in Beijing are wearing overcoats and long johns. Our trips to Lamma Island's beaches sure taught me to be better prepared.

After a twenty-minute ferry ride to the island, and a quick meal, we began the beautiful hike from Yung Shue Wan to Sok Kwu Wan, two small towns. Our first stop was a quaint little beach with clear blue water in a small cove. Z and I splashed in the water, happy to be warm in the middle of winter. But, of course, later that evening, I was greeted with a not so pleasant surprise..a blistered red nose. I guess we weren't expecting a tan in February!

~Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home