Sunday, January 04, 2009

Thrill Seekers

You probably have done one of those crazy, but thrilling things in life. At the snow and ice festival, Dad and I tried one out!

The first time we went to the festival, Dad and I noticed a line that went up a hill. After watching for a minute, we figured out that it was a toboggan. It looked awesome, but one thing held us back. At the end of the slide, there was a ten foot tall mound of snow. Guess what it does? It breaks your ride! Actually, it really only breaks your back. When you come down, you never stop. Your toboggan flips up and knocks you back when you hit the snow.

The next day, when we came back, no one was there. Since there was no line, Dad and I decided to give it a try.

We were the second ones up (it had just opened). All I can say is, WOW!!!...and OWW!!! The ride down is thrilling. You go really, really fast. Then...ouch! My toboggan came to an abrupt halt when it went straight into the snow, as opposed to sliding up the mound. My socks were soaked!

Dad, on the other hand, went up and back down. He scared Mom out of her wits when he told us that his neck hurt. Our main reaction? "Who designed this thing!?"

~Zoli

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger sindelar said...

Awright, as you can see by my PETA comment I suficiently miss you all enough to register for this so I could send you a message. I actually called Steve's cel phone number just to hear his voice message (I knew it would not work but desperate times call for desperate measures) and it is now owned by Emily, nice girl by the way. Is there an adress to send mail so as i do not have to be so public with my feelings? You know how I hate to be paraded around and such. Which reminds me, RCIA is going great and I am glad to have taken the longer path on that journey. Anyway glad to see all the fun you guys are having and looking forward to our next Target shopping trip together!
eric

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Haven't found a Target here in Beijing yet. So I am not cheating on you with my new Chinese friends.

Here's my email...stevenjballa@gmail.com.

We should also do a Skype call some time. It is easy to install the software; just go to their website. Our Skype name is stevenjballa.

Here is my cell number here (you should absolutely _not_ call it!)...13699122409. That's without the country code. Yes, Chinese cell numbers are that long! I guess when you have 1.4 billion people...

Great news on RCIA. From personal experience, I can tell you that the whole Easter week/Easter Vigil experience will be something you will always remember.

Steve

PS: What is your home number?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home