Friday, October 17, 2008

Hallowhat?

Two weeks until one of our favorite and there are almost no signs of the season. Except, maybe, at Walmart. Well, if you can count this as such...

On one of my comparative shopping outings the other day, I made my way to the "not-so-local" Super Center (one bus, one subway), and while I was not expecting aisles and aisles of kiddie costumes and candy, what I did see was almost more compelling. There were two small racks near the bedding department that held several types of cheesy plastic masks, head bands, and accessories, as well as small plastic pumpkins meant for filling with Halloween treats. The question? Where are all the bags of Nestle Crunch, Reese's, Peppermint Patties, and Kit Kats that we'd normally fill them with? Not to be found. This year's little goblins will be receiving small bags of wasabi peas and mango pudding cups. No, not really. But I don't think we'll be seeing any goblins anyway (except, of course, ours!).

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home