Sunday, September 21, 2008

If Everyone Sold the Same Exact Thing, Who Would You Pick To Buy From?

This is what I was thinking yesterday, when we were on our crazy bus ride back from Simatai (our driver thought he was driving a Corvette...enough said). As we approached one town that, we're guessing, was the home to a large apple orchard, there were tons of roadside stands set up, one after another, selling...you guessed it...apples! Same kind, probably the same price, stand after stand.

I suggested to Steve that they all pool their apples and take shifts. I guess that just wouldn't be the Chinese way. I don't really get it, but this certainly isn't the first thing I don't understand about this culture. Perhaps everybody just likes to be out and amongst people. Not such a bad idea, when you really think about it...

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home