Saturday, September 13, 2008

I Have No Idea What I Just Ate

Really. It looked like a sweet potato when we bought it at the corner market. And despite the seller's chuckle and "no, that's not a potato" (in Chinese, of course), I washed it well and stuck it in the microwave. I figured that maybe they don't call sweet potatoes "potatoes" here.

When the microwave bell went off, I got out the butter and was ready to go. It didn't quite smell like a sweet potato, but it was close enough for me. I cut it open and it looked nothing like I expected. It was more like the consistency of a squash. I thought, what the heck, and put some butter on it. Very tasty, but definitely not a sweet potato.

Just goes to show...sometimes you just don't know what's inside.

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home