Friday, September 19, 2008

All Fun and No Work Make Steve...

Some of you may have noticed that there has been very little said about Peking University and the duties that brought us to China in the first place. Well, there is a very good reason for this. With Beida hosting the ping pong events and with security being the number one Olympic concern, the School of Government has not been a very lively place, to say the least.

In fact, it wasn't until last week that I was actually given the key to my office. And it wasn't until earlier this week that the books I shipped over arrived at their final destination. And, believe it or not, it wasn't until yesterday that classes at long last started. It was definitely nice to hear the voices of students echoing through the halls and to see those throngs of black-haired heads bobbing down Beida's wide streets between periods.

As for me, my class meets every Tuesday evening, so I still have a few days to go until I formally spring into action. In the meantime, I have been working on the production of an article I finished right before we left, and getting going on the first draft of an article I am supposed to present at a meeting in DC the month after next. (That all sounded very convenient when it was originally planned!)

And, yes, I do have a bathroom in my office...

~Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home