Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Real Reason I Came to Beijing

As a kid I used to age myself during each Olympics, projecting how old I'd be during the next ones. When it was every four years, it was kind of neat to think, "wow, during the next games I'll be 16...20," or, "I'll be driving next time...or voting!" Now that they're every 2 years, it's not quite as big of a deal, which may be a good thing since the concept of aging is not as appealing.

Steve and I have been together now for quite a few Olympic Games and while we both share similar views on the games (since they went "pro" both of us are a lot less enthusiastic), it's still interesting enough for us to peek in at an event or two on the tube. Unfortunately this has led to a bit of a conflict in our household. Since the Olympics are usually held in a different time zone, the results are posted before the event appears on US television. As we watch, Steve will sometimes make allusions to the winners, as he has already viewed the outcomes on the Internet. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!

My solution? Come to Beijing for the 2008 Olympic Games so that Steve has to watch them live!

And you thought I was in it for the cultural experience of it all...

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home