Friday, July 11, 2008

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

With preparations for China in full swing, one of the less popular but necessary tasks to fulfill was finally at hand. None other than...SHOTS! People who know me know that I truly despise shots. I refer to this as "shotaphobia." Over years I have been getting better but I was still better as a baby. Earlier in my life time I would hide under the counter in a closet where they kept magazines. Last year when I hurt my leg the doctor told me that I was due for my flu shot. This was the first shot that I sat calmly for (the worst to choose to sit calmly for because it killed!). Sadly I was a fourth-grader but shots are still my worst fear.

In preparation for China we had to get three shots. (The first time we went to China it was like 8.) The three were Typhoid, Meningitis, and a DPT booster. Three shots in one trip to the doctor's office. For someone with "shotaphobia" it can really make you dislike doctors. Julie goes on about how she likes shots, so she was happy. I, on the other hand, was a little reluctant. I didn't hide but I did feel the need to squeeze something. (Julie's hand did the trick). After that trip I could barely move my arms up for a long time. But hey! At least you get a lollipop!

~Zoli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home