Friday, June 27, 2008

13 Hours, 40 Minutes

No, that's not my triathlon time...it's how long it will take us to fly from Newark to Běijīng.

Yes, we finally have our travel plans to China all set. On the afternoon of August 14th, we will take off on a direct flight to our home town for the next year. We'll touch down over there on the afternoon of August 15th. (The International Date Line is a such cool thing. It will be daylight the entire flight. We will never see the sun set on August 14th, but it will magically be a day later when we touch down in the Middle Kingdom.)

It's feeling more and more imminent. The one big last relief will be when we have our visas in hand...

~Steve

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger bmarron said...

Hello Balla family! My wife and I are moving into your neighborhood in a couple of weeks. I found your great blog when I Googled my new street "Matey Rd." What can you tell me about the neighborhood? What are the people like, where's the best places to eat, etc.?

Please reply to my email, bmarron@yahoo.com. Thanks.

-Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home