Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Běidà!

I just received this news from the U.S. Embassy in Běijīng:

We have proposed to the Ministry of Education your placement at the Peking University School of Government. I'll be contacting you with more information from the school that is of a time sensitive nature regarding the course titles they propose you teach! I know that this has happened all very quickly, and that we were talking with you about a couple options, but we have had to move ahead in the interest of time. However, Peking University is the "Harvard" of China…and I'm very hopeful that this placement will work out extremely well. Thank you!!

No, thank you! This is really the best news...the city we deep down hoped to be living in, plus a university that is at the top of the heap. Wow!

~Steve

3 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

hey, i took the first pic.!!!

z

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Macefamily said...

Congrats!!!!!! So I was thinking, how much is it to send a care package of Cadbury bars? Or can you get them there? lol

This is truly a once in a lifetime chance. (oh wait you have been to China) But living there is truly a great experience.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Are you kidding?! I'm loading up a suitcase with Doritos, Pepsi, and Carmello bars. They do have Pepsi in China but it's a different formula and tastes a lot different.I guess when my supplies run out I'll have a chance at that weight loss program I've been after for all these years. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home