Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Papal Mass

On Thursday, we skipped school and went to the Papal Mass. Two of us were going anyway, because I was in the Children's Papal Choir. (Thanks Mrs. G!!!) Thanks to Fr. Mike, our Pastor, we got two more tickets. THANKS FR. MIKE!!! Now the whole family was able to go. Julie and Daddy were in Section 108 and had a clear view of the altar. It was a very hot day and the sun was in my eyes, but I had a great time singing all the songs. I was on the big screen that showed the Mass and the pre-Mass celebration.

There was one cantor, a priest, whose voice I loved the best! I thought that the Pope was very cool, and I liked his voice. The Pope-mobile was really awesome. Overall, I thought that the Mass went over well. The sang well, I thought, and it was organized.

Afterwards, there were lots of protests on the way out. Of course, I thought it was funny, the ideas they talked about. People were also selling shirts that were in the stadium for $15, but were $5 outside. People also sold flags. The way into the Metro was so crowded. When we finally got on, we had to stand.

When we got off, we went to Ben's Chili Bowl, a classic DC restaurant. Poor Dad had to go to work after Ben's. The rest of us went home and had TV time. We watched one of our favorite shows, Avatar. After that, we had homework and we zonked. (Went to sleep fast!)

~Zoli

1 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Macefamily said...

Congrats, Z!!! What a great honor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home