Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Papal Choir Update

I am singing in the Papal children's choir when the Pope comes to Washington, DC on April 17. We have had three practices so far and will have two more. We have been practicing and listening to the seven main songs that we will sing and some other, smaller songs that we will also sing.

If you want to get a picture of how many people are going to be at the Pope's Mass, there are five communion hymns. About 46,000 people can be seated in the stadium.

So far, I have had a great experience with our singing. It gives me a chance to practice singing in other languages, like Latin and German.

I feel honored to be able to sing for the Pope himself, to get to see him up close and to meet the children from other parishes. As much of an honor it is, it is also tough work. We will have to get up at 5 am to get to the stadium. The Mass starts at 10 am and ends at noon. I really hope that I will be happy and ready to sing.

~Zoli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home