Monday, March 10, 2008

Here I Go Again!

Given that Desi and the kids had so much fun last year, they have prevailed upon me (kicking and screaming!) to compete in the Charlottesville Sprint Triathlon once again.

Who am I kidding?

I had a (mostly) fun time training and doing the race, so it seems natural to have another go at it. This time around, I'm going to follow a fifteen-week program with the aim of improving my performance measurably (i.e., by one or two seconds!). Toward that end, my training will entail workouts that do things like reduce the dead spot in my pedal strokes and improve my neuromuscular coordination. How exactly will I be accomplishing such (presumably) laudable goals? I have no idea...I haven't yet read that far into the training plan! Hopefully, though, it will all make sense by the time that weekend in late June rolls around.

Speaking of the race, there really is some truth in what I said at the outset. Desi, Julie, and Z did in fact have a great time last year, and are eagerly anticipating a nice couple of days in Charlottesville. And I did run some of the details of my training plan by them (well, by Desi...). The key, for me, is making sure there is no family discord when I am working out a little more than usual. So far, we all appear to be on the same page...wish us luck! It all starts later today...

~Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home