Friday, February 08, 2008

Does This Look Like Paula Deen's Kitchen To You?

Me neither.

So I am flipping channels a few weeks ago and I happened upon a cooking show. As an infrequent TV watcher, I was intrigued by a happy, gray-haired woman who was cooking up some "comfort food." I locked in on the channel and continued to watch as she effortlessly threw together a menu of delicious, perfect looking dishes...including "caramel apple cheesecake bars with streusel topping." Since I wasn't quick enough to catch all of the ingredients, I went to her website and printed up a copy. I put it on the bulletin board and there it hung...

Until today.

With a wonderful outing to the Ehrenreich's planned for tonight, I decided this would be a great time to effortlessly throw together this "simple" dessert recipe. As noted, fifteen minutes of prep and forty-five minutes of baking.

Right.

Well, it's 5:50 and we are heading over at 6:15. As you may have guessed, it's still in the oven.

Really, it looked so easy when she was doing it. I only hope I'm half as good at teaching as she is at making cooking look like a breeze...and that it's at least edible.

I'll get back to you on that one...or maybe the Ehrenreichs will. Or not?

Chī fàn. (Let's eat!)

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home