Thursday, December 06, 2007

Time Changes Freak Me Out

I can't tell you how many times I thought about what time it was back home during this trip. It was difficult to imagine that while Z was eating his after-school snack, I was rocking to Marillion. Or as I was eating lunch, the kids were on their way to school. A five hour time difference is not inconsequential.

Like right now, for instance…I'm sitting on a train en route from Manchester to Leeds. It is 2:38 am (long story). While it "feels" late, I take comfort in the fact that Julie and Z are probably just getting home from the pool right now with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm fully awake because my odd sleeping habits are keeping me much more aligned with Maryland time. It will be a tough morning for Steve though...While his meeting starts at at the "early" hour of 9:30 am, that's really 4:30 am in Maryland. By the way, he’s taking a "catnap" as I write.

Don’t they always say, "it’s happy hour somewhere?"

~Desi

2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Mommy, you really need to take a look at the page in my book about how to survive time changes. I think that you could learn a lot from it. Maybe then, time changes wouldn't freak you out as much!!!!! ~Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home