Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Solo Venture Part Two: Kirkgate Market

After finishing my pasty, I strolled down the Pedestrian mall and saw a beautiful old building called Leeds City Market. I couldn't help but go inside and discovered hundreds of small stalls and shops brimming with all kinds of merchandise including flowers, toys and clothing. There was also a "Butcher’s Row" with all kinds of meats displayed and a Fish Market (very popular with the "Fish and Chips" crowd.) Just outside there were tables set up as well, very much like Englishtown in New Jersey. (Hey, maybe that’s why it’s called ENGLISHtown!!!). Ready for purchase were fruits and veg (that’s what they’re called here), pajamas, and lots of shoes and boots. When I decided to take a picture from outside one of the doors, I noticed a smaller sign denoting that this was Kirkgate Market! I had found the place I had wanted to go without even knowing that it was where I really wanted to be! Jolly good fun!

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home