Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Radiohead, In Rainbows

Today is the official release date for the Boss's new album, but I have Radiohead on the brain. If you haven't heard, Radiohead's lastest album, to be released on October 10, is available for download at the band's website. So far, no big deal...tons of bands do this. But here's the interesting part:

You get to name your own price.

That's right, if you want to pay $10 for the album, you can pay $10. If you want to pay a million dollars for it, go right ahead. Or, on the other extreme, Radiohead will give you the album for free. As they put it, "It's up to you. No really, it's up to you."

So two questions: (1) Are you going to download Radiohead's album? (2) How much are you going to pay?

~Steve

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Controversy in the Balla household...boys think it would be crazy to pay a cent for music that you can get for free...girls vehemently disagree.
Julie thinks you should pay "maybe five bucks or something because even though they are making enough money, they worked hard...but I think since you are downloading, you shouldn't have to pay the normal CD price."
I think that art deserves a fee and while at first my inclination was to offer $18.99, since Steve convinced me that they are eliminating the middle man, I think they should get at least 15% of what a store would sell it for. My price, $3.00.
I think that's a study in the making.

Desi & Julie

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Macefamily said...

Hi, okay I conducted a not so scientific poll of the Mascio houshold. It's 4 to 1 for free. I like the $3.00 myself. But since I don't own am ipod. (just not into it) and Hubby and Celia do, looks like it's a freebie in the Mace home. ~Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home