Monday, October 29, 2007

Farmers' Market

In North Carolina, they have a bunch of buildings and tents that make up what is called the Farmers' Market. These places sell fruits and veggies grown on local farms.

When my parents used to live in North Carolina, my mom loved the Farmers' Market. The produce is better and cheaper than in regular stores. So when the boys decided to go golfing instead of pumpkin picking with us, we (my mom, Dawn, Kaylee, and me) decided to go to the farmer's market.

Since it is the Fall, all the Fall products were being sold. They had pumpkins (better than the ones at the patch), apples, apple cider, and sweet potatoes, etc. The pumpkins were being sold by several different groups of people. One group was selling pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and colors for $5. My mom bought a white one and lop-sided orange one. These pumpkins were the coolest looking pumpkins I had ever seen.

But I was on a quest for the perfect Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin. So we kept looking and I stopped in front of a place selling three sizes of pumpkins--large, medium, and small. They were all perfectly round and the perfect shade of orange. And there, sitting on the corner of the medium section for $7, was my perfect pumpkin. It was perfectly smooth for my Jack-O-Lantern.

~Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home