Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Wonders of White Sands

When we got started on our trip we made t-shirts. Everyone got to choose one place that they would "be." I chose to be White Sands. We had been wanting to go there since last year so when I found out we were going to White Sands, I was so excited. I couldn't wait to make sand angels. I just couldn't wait to get there.

So as we approached White Sands, I was as excited as could be. We drove to the visitors' center to get the weekly pass, then we drove into the park.

As we entered, I could see that there was white sand but it was all covered with brush. But as we kept driving, the brush disappeared and it became all dunes of white sand. It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I could not believe I was really there. We went sliding on a sled, watched the sunset, and came back in the morning for a hike. It is one of the most amazing places on Earth.

I am so happy that I chose to be White Sands for our trip.

~Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home