Sunday, July 22, 2007

I Left My Stomach in San Antonio

Montezuma's revenge or a little too much dinner-time Texas barbecue on top of a lunch of cheese enchiladas and chile rellenos? (Donna, I know what you're thinking, but I think the incubation period is too long for those ice cubes to be responsible!) In any case, some Maalox and Pepto Bismol did the trick in keeping me functional for the San Antonio portion of the trip. (There are CVSs and Walgreens all over the south.)

One of the "hazards" of traveling like this is that 37 days plus four people leave open the possibility of a bug or two. Also, eating a variety of new (and sometimes very different) foods can wreak a little havoc on the digestive system.

With Cajun country ahead, it's time to recover and get ready for a whole new set of "dangers." Etouffee here we come!

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home