Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bags...Revised and Resubmitted

This year's packing was a bit more intense because we needed to add a few accoutrements like golf clubs and tennis rackets. (Julie insisted that we leave the bikes home...I guess she didn't want to have to keep looking out the back window to make sure they were still there for 6000 miles!) As a result we needed to tweak our seven bag plan. We invested in a more compact, sleeker model (total cost, $7.35). They take up less space and are easier to move around. They fit one day's clothes for all of us perfectly. Thanks to the kids for helping me size them up...they actually come in several sizes...the larger models are $2.00 each so these were even more cost-effective!

~Desi

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Bon voyage!!! Hope the road leads you to many happy memories. Since we can't travel long distances by car, (we usually are on a time constraint so I think 10 days won't get us to far) the kids and I are going to live vicariously thru your experiences. So we look forward to your journey and of course your postings. Have a happy a safe trip. -Donna

PS to Julie Celia says hello, hope she is feeling better.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Hi Donna!
So glad you're going to "join" us! I can't tell you how much fun it was to "have you along" last year. Looking forward to your thoughts, opinions and commentary!!!
Love, Desi

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Dear Celia,
Although I am not 100%, I am on the road to recovery and should be feeling great by the end of this week. I'm glad that you will be following our experiences and I hope to see you soon!
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home