Thursday, July 12, 2007

Back in Time

Return to last year's scene...ranger station...I'm driving...I'm asked the question, "Do you have any rocks?" You know the rest.

Fast forward...this year...I refuse to drive, so I don't have to speak to the ranger. Doesn't matter anyway. I got my petrified wood at the gift shop and enjoyed a guilt-free ride through one of the most beautiful spans you'll ever see. The painted desert and petrified forest is an amazing journey through time. Formations of rock show layers of history. Petrified wood preserves a piece of the past.

While last year we drove only a few miles in, this year we decided to see the entire park. There is no doubt that it was worth the detour from I-40. Especially since I didn't have to worry about the vehicle inspection at the exit!

~Desi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home