Monday, January 01, 2007

R U Rah

Can't miss the opportunity to give a "shout out" to my Rutgers Scarlet Knights for winning their first ever post-season bowl. While a trip to the Orange Bowl would have been nice (oh, so close), a win against Kansas State in the Texas Bowl is a welcome victory after years and years of disappointing seasons.

While personally for me, the finest win ever recorded by a Rutgers football team occurred in 1989 against the Penn State Nittany Lions, this latest victory puts Rutgers back on the map and will hopefully get a few NJ players to stay in NJ!

One atrocity? Here I am...a Rutgers Alum...in NJ on Bowl Day...and the game is not on television. I'm not sure where the blame lies but I do know that I would have loved to have watched that game with my Dad on the TV room couch instead of hearing the final score on the 11 o'clock news. Who messed that one up for all the alums who had waited so long to watch their boys? All about the bucks, I guess...but that's fodder for a different blog!

~Desi

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger The Balla Family said...

Rutgers football is the feel good story of the year! (Say it like David Spade, Desi...)

Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home