Monday, January 22, 2007

New (and Old) Music

Most every semester, I ask my students to answer a battery of questions about themselves. Some of these questions have to do with politics and public policy, the kind of stuff I teach. You know, What is your party identification? What was your attitude toward the war in Iraq before it started? What is your feeling toward the death penalty for murder?

I also ask questions about art, sports, and personal habits. Who is your favorite artist? Who is going to win the Super Bowl? How often do you use the Health and Wellness Center?

Now, this is the part of the show where you get a chance to indulge your innate curiosity. What do you want to know about college students today? Send me a question (by commenting on this post) that you would like to have answered. So long as it is within reason, I'm game for it. One thing, though...you'll have to be patient, as I won't be surveying students again until May.

In the meantime, here is a question I added not too long ago: Name one song I should download to my iPod.

And here are some answers I just received:

Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye)
And She Said (Lucas Prata)
Banana Pancakes (Jack Johnson)
Change Your Ways (John Mayall)
Cobrastyle (The Teddybears)
Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
Game Theory (The Roots)
Hallelujah (Jeff Buckley)
La Fille Danse (Damien Rice)
Layla (Derek and the Dominoes)
Suspended (Matt Nathanson)
The Seed/Melting Pot/Web (The Roots)
Theme Song to Top Gun (Van Halen)
This is Not an Exit (Saves the Day)
Transit (Richard Shindell)
Quelqu'un ma dit (Carla Bruni)
Questo Piccolo Grande Amore (Claudio Baglioni)
Um Good (Smokie Norful)

Happy listening!

~Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home